Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Grieving Heidi's Death - Joe


It's been two and a half months since Heidi died of her metastatic breast cancer. 




Here is a link to the recording of my presentation at Heidi's Memorial Service:
Heidi's Memorial




I am still devastated.
But I am building a new life, slowly and mindfully by:
  • telling everyone about how wonderful and brave she was
  • asking God to help me grieve in healthy manner
  • continuing the outside adventures alone, occasionally with friends
  • hosting holiday dinners at home
  • decorating the house in new ways for the holidays, to start a new tradition
  • journaling my grief over time, on Facebook
  • staying vigilante regarding both my cancers' potential recurrences/metastasis
  • restarting volunteer work for church and nonprofits




My heart goes out to those of you that face a cancer battle alone.  Heidi and I had each other and our marriage got so strong through our ordeal.  I hate cancer with a passion and will try to continue supporting friends that are still fighting cancer.



Love & Blessings,
Joe

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you.May you reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone you know or someone you love has developed cancer, it can seem like a death has happened. Sometimes cancer is fatal, but that doesn’t mean that you can view your loved one as being at the end of their life! After diagnosis there can be many years of wonderful living ahead for a cancer patient.cancer information

    ReplyDelete
  3. i pray to good you may live long and cancer can not developed any one.
    dc therapy in india
    dendritic therapy
    dendritic cells

    ReplyDelete
  4. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comNovember 22, 2014 at 9:18 PM

    Hello Joe,

    I hope all is well. I wanted to let you know about this great resource Healthline has about breast cancer. The resource includes a virtual tour on understanding the progression of breast cancer, from where it starts to how it affects the body.

    You can see the guide here: http://www.healthline.com/breast-cancer/anatomy-animations#1/breast-cancer-where-it-starts

    I thought this would be a great resource for your site and wanted to see if you could include it on your page: http://breastcancerbladdercancer.blogspot.com/2012/12/grieving-heidis-death-joe.html

    Please let me know if this would be possible. I’m happy to answer any questions as well.

    Thanks so much,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete