It's been two and a half months since Heidi died of her metastatic breast cancer.
Here is a link to the recording of my presentation at Heidi's Memorial Service:
I am still devastated.
But I am building a new life, slowly and mindfully by:
- telling everyone about how wonderful and brave she was
- asking God to help me grieve in healthy manner
- continuing the outside adventures alone, occasionally with friends
- hosting holiday dinners at home
- decorating the house in new ways for the holidays, to start a new tradition
- journaling my grief over time, on Facebook
- staying vigilante regarding both my cancers' potential recurrences/metastasis
- restarting volunteer work for church and nonprofits
My heart goes out to those of you that face a cancer battle alone. Heidi and I had each other and our marriage got so strong through our ordeal. I hate cancer with a passion and will try to continue supporting friends that are still fighting cancer.
Love & Blessings,